Attending Public Mass
The Weekday Masses are public and live streamed:
Tuesday at 6:15pm and Wednesday- Friday at 8am on
The Weekend Masses are public:
Sunday 8am and 12Noon, the 10am Mass is open to the public and live streamed on:
Children’s Liturgy may also be found on You Tube
E-giving for the parish is available HERE.
You may also mail in your donations if you prefer:
Star of the Sea Church
1404 Pacific Avenue
Virginia Beach VA 23451
We have temporarily moved the Blessed Sacrament to the main church. We kindly remind you that as you pass the Blessed Sacrament, please genuflect or offer a profound bow to the tabernacle. Also, talking in the worship space should be at a minimum out of respect for the Blessed Sacrament.
When coming to the public Masses: Doors open 45 minutes before each Mass, please arrive at least 15 minutes early. Using Crawford Hall, we can accommodate 120 – 180 people, however, it is first come, first serve. The doors will be closed 5 minutes after the Mass has be begun. If you are here after that, you will have to wait for the next available Mass.
Please use doors on each end of the entrance to the church and maintain social distancing. Everyone 5 years old and up MUST wear a mask or face covering at all times, making sure both, nose and mouth are covered. You must wear a face covering in the procession line to Communion.
By entering Star of the Sea Church buildings you must be able to acknowledge the following:
- Your temperature is under 100.4 degrees (self-administered within 2 hours prior to entering the building).
- In the past two (2) weeks, you HAVE NOT presented symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, chills, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, with no alternative diagnosis.
- In the past two (2) weeks, you HAVE NOT traveled internationally.
- In the past two (2) weeks, you HAVE NOT been exposed – less than six (6) feet for greater than 15 minutes – to anyone who has tested positive for or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 (with no alternative diagnosis), without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- If any individual cannot acknowledge the statements above, they will not be permitted to enter the building.
Once you are in the Commons, you will be ushered to your seat.
During the Mass, we ask that you refrain from singing out loud and shaking/holding hands. There will be no offertory procession or passing of the collection basket. There are baskets at the front of the aisles as you go to Communion, please drop your donation there. Thank you for your generosity. You will be prompted by the staff or assistant when to go to communion via the angled aisles. We will start from the back pews of the middle sections followed by the outside sections. Please use 6 ft distancing while waiting for communion.
You will receive communion with your mask on then step to the side to the designated marking and lower your mask to consume the Sacred Body of Christ. Then you will put your mask back up and proceed to your seat. Communicants who normally receive on the tongue are respectfully asked to consider the reverent act of receiving in the hand. Anyone who needs assistance for communion, please inform the staff or assistant as you enter the Church so that you may be seated in the chapel and communion will be brought to you.
After Mass has ended, the two far most doors will be open for you to exit. Please continue to practice social distancing as you leave. We kindly ask that you not linger after Mass in prayer so that we can prepare for the next Mass.
If you must use the restroom while at Mass, sanitizing supplies are available to you for before and after each use.
We realize that these are a lot of changes and we hope and pray for this to be short term. Until we return to “normal” we have to adhere to the diocesan and state guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety. Please be patient during these times.